BFS – Barchester Financial Services Pty Ltd
Barchester means Barchester Financial Services (ABN 83 613 754 59)
Joint Ventures and Services Partners means entities for whom Barchester distributes products or services to clients on an exclusive or preferential basis as part of its general service offering and to whom Barchester is required to provide Personal Information in order for them to manage those products or services for you. Joint ventures and service partners of Barchester include Bayside Mortgage Broking, Outsource Financial and Loanz 4 U P/L
Personal information – information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Sensitive information – includes information or an opinion about, amongst other things, an individual’s racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; or religious beliefs or affiliations; or philosophical beliefs; or sexual orientation or practices; or criminal record; or health information.
Barchester Financial Services Pty Ltd (BFS) collects your personal information in order for one of its authorised representatives (that is, your adviser and/or the practice where he/she works) to provide you with financial products and services. In order to undertake the management and administration of products and services, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to certain third parties.
We and your adviser will collect and use information about you during the course of your relationship with each of us.
Collection, use and disclosure of information
We may use and disclose the information your adviser collects about you for the following purposes:
- to assist in providing you with products and services;
- to consider your request for a product or service;
to enable BFS or another member of the Barchester group
- to tell you about other products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to assist in arrangements with other organisations (for example product issuers) in relation to the promotion or provision of a product or service;
- to manage the relationship between you and your adviser and any accounts or policies which you hold, and perform other administrative and operational tasks (including but not limited to risk management, systems development and testing, credit scoring, staff training and market, customer satisfaction or investment research);
- to consider any concerns or complaints you raise against BFS and/or your adviser and to manage any legal action involving BFS.;
- to identify, prevent or investigate any fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct (or suspected fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct);
- to identify you or establish your tax status under any Australian or foreign legislation, regulation or treaty or pursuant to an agreement with any tax authority; or
- as required by relevant laws, regulations, codes of practice and external payment systems.
We may disclose your information to another licensee in order to enable you to continue to receive financial products and services in the following circumstances:
- where your adviser dies or their arrangements with us terminate;
- where our authorised representative becomes an authorised representative of another licensee; or
- where our authorised representative sells all or part of its business to another licensee.
Absence of relevant information
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested, BFS may be unable to provide you with products or services.
Information required by law
Providing your information to others
We may provide your information to:
- an authorised representative of ours (including your adviser) for the purposes outlined in this document;
- another member of the Barchester group which may use the information to perform administrative or operational tasks or comply with regulatory requirements and prudential standards
- an organisation that has an arrangement with BFS to jointly offer products and/or has an alliance with BFS to share information for marketing purposes (and any of its outsourced service providers or agents), to enable them or BFS to: provide you with products or services; and/or promote a product or service;
- any agent, contractor or service provider of BFS or its authorised representative, engaged to carry out or assist with its functions and activities (for example, office support or para-planning services, IT support providers and mailing houses);
- an organisation that assists BFS to identify, prevent or investigate fraud, unlawful activity or misconduct;
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, law enforcement bodies and courts;
- other parties BFS is authorised or required by law or court/tribunal order to disclose information to;
- any person who introduces you to BFS;
- your referee(s);
- your employer;
- your partner or spouse where they have sought advice jointly with you; or
- your authorised agents; your executor, administrator or trustee in bankruptcy; your legal representative; your attorney; or anyone else acting for you.
If you do not want us to tell you about products or services, please phone or email your adviser to withdraw your consent or contact email@example.com
BFS may disclose information to recipients (including service providers and related entities of Barchester which are
(1) located outside Australia and/or
(2) either not established in or do not carry on business in Australia.
Where your adviser discloses your personal information to recipients located in countries which are not listed in these privacy policies, he/she will inform you of those countries in the Adviser Profile of our FSG (Part Two of Two)
If you obtain credit services from us or our authorised representative, your personal information, including information about your other credit liabilities, repayments and defaults, may be disclosed to credit reporting bodies. We may also collect this information from credit reporting bodies. Information about credit reporting is available at www.baysidefp.com.au/policy-statement
- the circumstances in which we or another member of the Barchester Group may collect personal information from other sources (including from a third party);
- how to access personal information and seek correction of personal information; and
- how you can raise concerns that we or another member of the Barchester Group has breached the Privacy Act or an applicable code and how we or Barchester will deal with those matters.
Collecting sensitive information
We will not collect sensitive information about you, such as information about your health, without your consent.
If applicable, we may collect health information with your consent. Your health information will only be disclosed to a service provider or organisation where this is necessary in order to provide you with financial products and services.
Personal information you provide about someone else
If you give us personal information about someone else, please show them a copy of this notice so that they may understand the manner in which their personal information may be used or disclosed in connection with your dealings with us.
Phone: 07 3510 3510
Mail: The Privacy Officer, Barchester Financial Services, 5 Latrobe Terrace, Paddington QLD 4064